- Open 365 days of the year from 5:30 am to 8:00 pm.
- During Kandy Esala Perahera & Special Events the time may be defer.
When is the best time to visit the temple ?
Daily Service (Thevava)
Thevava fixed(service) Time Morning Thevava (Alms offered in the Morning- Breakfast) 5.30 a.m. - 7.00 a.m. Ninth hour Poojava (Alms offered before Mid day - lunch) 9.30 a.m - 11.00 a.m. Evening Thevava (gilanpasa pooja Offered in the evening) 6.30 p.m. - 8.00 p.m.
- Weekly Service (Nanumura Mangalle)
- Held in Every Wednesday (Saffaron water Festival)
- Nanumura Mangallaya or the symbolic shmpooing ceremony was a special offering among the offerings done as a mark of respect to the Sacred Tooth Relic.
Festival Connected with Dalada Maligawa (Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic)
January : Aluth Shal Mangallaya (New Harvest Festival)
April : New Year Festival (Sinhala & Hindu New Year)
May : Vesak Perahera & Upasampada Ceremony (Vesak & Higher Ordination of Monks)
June : Poson Perahera
July | August : Kandy Esala Perahera (The Grand Pageant)
November : Karthik Festival (Festival of Lights)